Purcell Marian is seeking a Director of Alumni Engagement + Special Events to strengthen alumni relationships and lead fundraising event programs. Candidates must be zealous in mission, passionate for ensuring student achievement, and aspire to be dedicated members of the Purcell Marian family. Purcell Marian High School is an historic Roman Catholic co-ed high school serving a diverse population of students since 1928. Partnering with the Society of Mary and Sisters of Charity, Purcell Marian was founded to teach faith and prepare graduates for post-secondary professional opportunities in our ever-advancing world. Purcell Marian is an International Baccalaureate candidate school, anticipating a November 2019 official accreditation. We measure our success on our 3E Guarantee, which guarantees all graduating seniors are either Employed, Enlisted, or Enrolled at the time of graduation.
Please send cover letter and resume only to Micki Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Purcell Marian is focused on inclusivity and developing a diverse team.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and working collaboratively with the Advancement Team, the Director of Alumni Relations + Special Events is responsible for planning and executing all Advancement events including the Grand Event fundraiser. An important part of this position is the development and implementation of a robust alumni relations program. The Director of Alumni Relations + Special Events must bring an organized, methodical, and collaborative mindset to planning and executing these efforts. The director develops and nurtures mutually supportive relationships between Purcell Marian High School and its alumni by planning and implementing engaging alumni programming and communications. The Director identifies, recruits, and manages alumni and community leaders. and serves as a resource for alumni and the alumni association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and executes Purcell Marian’s Alumni and Special Events program to meet the school’s strategic objectives.
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications to produce digital and print communication materials, including letters, emails, cards, social media campaigns, etc.
- Cultivates and engages alumni through social and fundraising events to further develop the alumni community.
- Leads and executes the annual Grand Event (auction/dinner) fundraiser.
- Other events under position responsibility include:
- Alumni Golf Tournament;
- Reunion/Homecoming Weekend;
- Milestone Reunions;
- Hall of Fame Inductee Dinner; and
- Senior Circle Ceremony and Dinner.
- Oversees the development and interactions of the Alumni Association leadership committee.
- Develops relationships to plan and execute class social and potential giving initiatives.
- Organizes and attends alumni gatherings and oversees post event follow up.
- Utilizes data donor management database on a regular basis to develop analytical tools to increase alumni participation and event fundraising.
- Assists with the recruitment, training, and supervision of alumni, friend, and parent volunteers who focus on giving support.
- Manages a budget for event expenses.
- Develops a rapport with current students that continues and keeps contact during college years for future giving.
- Carries out other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to act decisively and think strategically
- Superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, including planning initiatives and motivating participants to achieve goals
- Ability to manage and complete multiple priorities simultaneously
- Familiarity with branding, communications, and/or marketing
- Proven ability to motivate and manage volunteer leaders to achieve institutional priorities
- Ability and willingness to work outside of standard business hours, including weekends and evenings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism, competence, and integrity in dealing with a variety of individuals
- Willingness to learn alumni database software and event software
Purcell Marian High School serves as school of record to 344 students. This school complies with the Decree on Child Protection, which is promulgated by the Archbishop of Cincinnati. Our fingerprinting policy includes manual fingerprinting for employees and electronic background checks for all employees and volunteers. This statement is posted in fulfillment of requirements contained in H.B. 49 per recommendations by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.