Purcell Marian’s Campus Ministry Program revolves around the charisms of the Marianists and the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati. We are committed to exposing students to more authentic, deeper levels of service, where impact stretches them beyond what they thought they could do.
We wholeheartedly believe retreats are critical to the formation of each student's spirituality. That's why retreats are part of our curriculum, at no cost to their families. Seniors go on Kairos retreats in the fall and spring.
As an International Baccalaureate (IB) Candidate School, we encourage our students to immerse themselves in more long-term, meaningful service experiences. Students do not have a specific number of hours to complete before graduation, which will allow us to focus on intrinsic motivation; the desire to do the right thing for internal rewards, rather than to gain praise or recognition.
The Campus Ministry Program provides the following opportunities for our students:
- Monthly Mass experiences
- Mass is held at St. Francis de Sales Parish
- Prayer Services
- All school prayer services (Advent/ Lent/ Reconciliation)
- Small group prayer services (LIFE Team events)
- Senior Kairos retreat (mandatory)
- Junior retreat (Bergamo Retreat Center) - optional
- World Greatest Retreat (Bergamo Retreat Center) - optional
- LIFE Retreat (LIFE Team members)
- Sophomore Retreat - New for the 2019-2020 school year
- Freshmen Retreat - New for the 2019-2020 school year
- Rooted in the Vine (Urban Immersion) - optional
- Appalachia Retreat - optional
- Student Extracurricular Opportunities
- LIFE Team
Marianist Living in Faith Experience (LIFE) is a sponsored student group coordinated by Campus Ministry that gives our students opportunities to explore their faith and service in a social setting, while coordinating spiritual activities for the entire Purell Marian community.
- Mass Planning Team
- Mass Choir
- Prayer Team
- Teens Acting for Peace (TAP) with fellow Marianist school partner Moeller High School
- Kairos Retreat Student Leaders
- LIFE Team