As a Catholic community, we are committed to cultivating the best in each for the benefit of all, by fostering faith, hard work, and service to others. Fulfilling our mission is only possible through the tremendous generosity of countless alumni and friends who chose to invest in our students.
All Purcell, Purcell Marian, Marian, St. Mary, and Regina graduates are part of the Purcell Marian Alumni Association, and represent one of the largest Catholic school families in southwest Ohio. 15,000+ strong.
We are rebuilding our Alumni Association around our 3E Guarantee , and we need alumni volunteer support in helping with:
- College – share your college experience with our students;
- Enlisting – Are you a Veteran? Active Armed Services? We want to hear your story and share it with our students; and
- Employment – We need alumni to come and share their career knowledge and expertise with our students.
- There are a number of ways to get involved with your Cavalier community. We are always hoping for and needing volunteers for a number of activities. From being a substitute teacher, tutoring students, helping organize your class reunion, helping with our annual Grand Event, Hall of Fame nominations, and more. Please contact Director of Advancement John Schrantz to get involved.
The Purcell Marian Annual Fund
The Annual Fund provides the critical dollars used to cover the difference between tuition and the actual cost of educating Purcell Marian students. Each year, Purcell Marian alumni, parents, faculty/staff, and friends impact the lives of our students with a contribution to the Annual Fund. Your Annual Fund investment helps Purcell Marian:
- Cover the difference between tuition charged and the cost of educating current Cavaliers.
- Provide need-based tuition assistance to students and their families.
- Conduct critical building improvements and maintain the physical beauty of our campus.
- Secure vital equipment for student use.
- Provide overall support of our operating budget.
Praestans Recognition Society
$20,000 or more
Planned or estate giving allows you to carry on your family legacy and have a tremendous impact on the next generation of students at Purcell Marian High School. Estate gifts to the school can be made in multiple ways including:
- Gifts in your will;
- Charitable gift annuities and trusts; and
- Bequests of appreciated assets such as stocks/securities and real estate, and life insurance beneficiaries.
The Purcell Marian Endowment currently stands at more than $5 million. Within the endowment, individual funds have been established by generous benefactors in order to support Cavalier students in perpetuity. The majority of our endowed funds are scholarships. However, there are opportunities to endow other programs, services, and positions at Purcell Marian.
There are currently more than 28 named scholarships within the Purcell Marian Endowment. These funds are the foundation of the more than $500,000 given annually in need-based tuition assistance each school year.
Currently $40,000 is required to begin to endow a fund and $200,000 will fully fund a scholarship. If you would like to contribute to a fund or establish a new fund, please contact Director of Advancement John Schrantz in the Advancement office at 513-751-1230 ext.126.
Major gifts to Purcell Marian High School make a tremendous impact on the lives of our current and future students. External scholarships (outside of the Purcell Marian Endowment), capital projects and renovation, extracurricular activity support, academic programs, and special projects are funded by Major Gifts.
To learn more or to give through Planned Giving, Scholarship Endowment, and/or Major Gifts, contact John Schrantz, Director of Advancement at 513-751-1230 ext. 126 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorial + Class Gifts
Memorial gifts are a meaningful way to honor your classmates, former teachers or coaches, relatives and friends, while at the same time carrying forward the mission of Catholic education at Purcell Marian High School. The legacy of carrying on the values of a Purcell Marian education is a lasting way to impact both what you're honoring today, and the future.
Class gifts are a great way to show your Cavalier spirit and pass on the legacy of outstanding education and leadership…Praestans Inter Omnes |Outstanding Among All.