More Questions? Schedule an appointment with Ms. Kim Farley-Smith
Finding the Right College
Being Prepared for college
- Information and Tips
- If your student is registering for the ACT for the first time since taking it in February of junior year, you will want to make sure that on their registration they indicate that they HAVE taken the test but HAVE NOT registered before.
- Your student will need their ACT ID to create their account. This should be available to them on their ACT score report from the February test or on their RenWeb profile. If you can't find it, please contact Ms. Emily LaForge or Mr. Mark Majick.
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS
College Credit Plus is Ohio’s dual enrollment program that provides students the opportunity to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking courses from Ohio colleges or universities.
Applying to college
- Matching Your Common Application to your Naviance Account
- How to create and fill out the Common App
- Common App YouTube channel
- The Student Journey in Naviance - for parents
- Naviance Student tour/overview
- Building your list of colleges
- Requesting a transcript
- Requesting letters of recommendation in Naviance
Paying for college
- To apply for most financial aid — including federal and state student grants, work-study, and loans — you’ll need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Although this financial aid form may seem complex, there are many free resources to help you. And completing the form is easier than it used to be, thanks to the new IRS Data Retrieval Tool.